Why are we doing this?
- Paper Instructions are often lost, not clearly explained and often poorly translated.
- Video is growing exponentially and is the quickest, easiest way to communicate with people across the planet. People are steering away from heavy written content – even schools are using computers for faster learning!!
- 78% of people watch videos online each week
- 50% of all online video now accounts for all mobile traffic.
- Large instruction Manuals are printed with multiple languages included in each book which is a tragic waste of paper when in the hands of the intended audience who will only read their own language.
- 50% of the waste of businesses is composed of paper.
- 45% of all print-outs and photocopies are binned before the end of the day. http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2007/oct/14/workandcareers.news
- Only about half of the paper produced each year is recycled (200 million tonnes in 2012)
- FAO State of the World’s Forests, 2012.
- Deforestation causes more climate change emissions than global transport. Climate Change, Assessment Report 2007,
- 10L of water = 1 A4 piece of paper
- Each tree produces enough air for 3 people to breathe.
Benefits for big business:
- The cost of printing and shipping weighty manuals is high for manufacturers.
- Online instructions reduces pressure on Support Call Centres by enabling access to the information without spending hours on the support centre hotline.
- 64% of consumers are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it.
- There is the ability to update instructions when required – preventing legal issues due to recalls or to advise the discovery of additional product value (for example, it can now also be used with…).
- The future of customer support is online!